Abiding Faith Ministry church services began in the home of Lead Pastor Joyce and Assistant Pastor Harry Owens on, Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 3:00 P.M located at 3121 Bergman St, Pittsburgh, PA, 15204.
Our Key Scripture is Romans 1:17—“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
The vision of this ministry is to equip the believer for Kingdom building. Our purpose is evangelizing the lost, establishing new Christians and maturing growing Christians for ministry. Our goal is to train the church to fulfill the great commission and make disciples.
Our Theme is “Equipping Believers for Kingdom Building.”
Services opened with praise and worship led by Mrs. Tierra Reid and Ms. Kristian Mudd. The message given by Pastor Joyce titled “Where do we go from here” was taken from Eccl. 3:1-8. She encouraged the members in regards to our new beginning and about the change that’s taking place. She shared her vision for the church, Abiding Faith Ministry, and exhorted everyone to be committed to the ministry and be open to receive instructions from God’s Word. Our main goal is to teach the Word of God that the Body of Christ may be built up in the faith and equipped to do the work of ministry.
After worshipping in the home for five months, God opened the door for Abiding Faith Ministry to share a church building with Living Word Ministry, 717 Ridge Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15212. There we held services every Sunday at 3:00 P.M.
Abiding Faith Ministry held their official church launching service on Saturday, June 25, 2011 hosted by Pastor George A. Williams and held at First Baptist Church of West Mifflin. The launching service was witnessed by at least 70 guests including visiting Pastors from various churches who came out to be apart of this historic moment in our church history. Clergy taking part in the service were: Pastor Richard Wingfield, Pastor James Tracy, Rev. Charlotte Rutherford, Rev. Marie Walker, Rev. Nate Pennybaker, Minister Rebecca Lewis, Minister Dana Owens, Sister Kristian Mudd, and Brother John Korpiel. Pastor Williams sermon was entitled “The Origin of the New Testament Church” taken from Acts chapter 2. Pastor Williams exhorted us to focus on the blueprint of the New Testament church which emphasized: being on one accord, the crucial need for the Holy Spirit, they followed the teachings of God, fellowship, doctrine, and prayer. In May, 2014, God blessed us with a church building and on Sunday, June 8, 2014, we held our first service in the church located at 3001 Bergman Street, in the Sheraden section of Pittsburgh.
Pastor’s Joyce and Harry Owens are leading by example their commitment to God to equip the congregation of Abiding Faith Ministry for kingdom building. To God be the glory for all the great things He has done.
Ministries we offer at the church location on Bergman Street:
· Adult Sunday School (ages 17 & up) began on Sunday, Sept. 7th at 9am to 10:20am
· Sunday Worship Service begins at 11am (Communion is served the 1st Sunday of each month)
· Youth Church on Sundays (held during the preached word)
· Bible Study on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11am and evenings from 7pm to 8:30pm
· Minister’s & Deacon’s training is held every 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month from 9am to 10:30am
· WE Ministry Sessions (Women Empowered) is held every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month at 10am (Pastor’s home)
· AFM Perfecting Praise Team & Musicians rehearsal’s Thursday’s at 6pm
· More Than Conquerors Young Adult Ministry the 4th Friday of each month at 7pm (off-site location)
· Currently, we are prayer walking and picking up trash in the Sheraden community on Saturdays beginning at 1pm. We plan to evangelize door to door and in other venues within the community.
At our Miracle House location at 708 Idlewood Ave. in Carnegie we offer:
· Co-Dependent group meets on Mondays at 7pm
· NA group meets on Wednesdays at 7pm
Accomplishments – June 2011 to September 2014
· Monthly tithing and sowing seed to other ministries
· State of Pennsylvania - Sales Tax exemption status
· IRS 501 (C) (3) Federal Tax exempt status
· Established a Building Fund Pledge Drive
· Periodic church membership outings
· Annual Christmas gifts to the membership
· Purchased a church van – Nekodie Mudd, Sr. Van Ministry Coordinator
· Sunday Youth Church – Minister Kristian Mudd
· Periodic Evangelism Training Workshops
· Established ongoing Evangelism Prayer Walk & Outreach Ministry
· Ordained two Ministers – Rev. Dana Becoate & Rev. Rebecca Farrow and one Deacon – Deacon Tamara Mudd
· Licensed three Ministers – Min. Kristian Mudd, Min. Robert Howard II and Min. Tierra Reid
· New Members Classes – Deacon Tamara Mudd
· Annual Church & Community Picnics
· New Leadership added (L’Tanya Reid - Church Clerk and Head Usher, Henry Becoate, Robert Howard II and Nekodie Mudd, Sr. –Trustees and Rev. Rebecca Farrow – Exe. Admin. Asst. to Pastors)
· Established monthly Leadership Corporate Prayer (3rd Sunday)
· Established an annual fund to sponsor a child from the Republic of the Congo—Georgeanne
· Launched ministry Facebook site
· Purchase of church organ, office/audio equipment; and praise team and usher attire
Baby dedications of seven new babies and two marriages
AFM Leadership Board
Lead Pastor Joyce Owens, Assistant Pastor Harry Owens, Rev. Dana Becoate, Rev. Rebecca Farrow, Deacon Tamara Mudd, Trustee John Korpiel and
Sister L’Tanya Reid
AFM Leadership Staff
Minister Kristian Mudd, Trustee Min. Robert Howard II, Minister Tierra Reid, Trustee Henry Becoate and Trustee Nekodie Mudd, Sr.
We are grateful to God for all that He has done and all that He will do through this ministry.